Copyright in the Material on this Web Site is owned by Skydive Holdings Pty Ltd (ACN 140 817 063), and licensed by Skydive the Beach and Beyond. For the purposes of this document, “Skydive the Beach and Beyond” or “the company” is known as either Skydive the Beach Pty Ltd (ACN 091 641 379), Skydive the Beach Central Coast Pty Ltd (ACN 151 202 989), Skydive the Hunter Valley Pty Ltd (ACN 156 316 200), Skydive the Beach Melbourne Pty Ltd (ACN 149 262 411), Skydive the Beach Byron Bay Pty Ltd (ACN 155 805 959), Melbourne Skydive Centre Pty Ltd (ACN 157 850 970), Skydive Perth Pty Ltd (ACN 156 643 677), Skydive the Beach Great Ocean Road Pty Ltd (ACN 162 159 622), STBVIC Pty Ltd (ACN 159 165 670) and STBWA Pty Ltd (ACN 159 165 689. Except where necessary for viewing, the Material on this web site on your browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1968, or other applicable laws, no material on this web site may be reproduced, adapted, uploaded to a third party, linked to, framed, performed in public, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any process without the specific written consent of Skydive the Beach.
Skydive the Beach and Beyond takes the issue of safeguarding your privacy online seriously. Skydive the Beach and Beyond has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate the company’s firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the company’s information gathering and dissemination practices for the Skydive the Beach and Beyond network of sites (and emails) including (but not limited to) www.skydivethebeach.com.au, www.skydivethebeachmelbourne.com.au, www.skydivethebeachbyronbay.com.au, www.skydivethecentralcoast.com.au, www.skydivethehuntervalley.com.au, www.skydive.com.au, and www.melbourneskydivecentre.com.au.
Collection of personal information by Skydive the Beach and Beyond
The personal information Skydive the Beach and Beyond collects and stores will depend on what products and services you request from the company. This includes (but is not limited to) information provided when requesting an online booking, gift voucher, and/or subscription. Skydive the Beach and Beyond sites registration form requests users’ [which includes third party personal information where applicable collected as described below] to give the company contact and profile information such as name, email address, phone number, mailing address, age, and medical conditions. Some of the requested information is required in order to receive the Skydive the Beach and Beyond product or service; other information is optional.
Where your personal information is stored
Where Skydive the Beach and Beyond store your personal information depends on what products and services you have requested from Skydive the Beach and Beyond. Data is stored in the company’s CRM for the use of processing transactions, providing order confirmations and dispatching products. Information provided in customer feedback forms is also stored on this system. Skydive the Beach and Beyond also maintain an email database for subscribers to company monthly e-newsletters.
Ways we use data
Skydive the Beach and Beyond collects your personal information so that the company can use it for various internal functions and services. This may include, but is not limited to:
- processing your orders including bookings, gift vouchers, gear and membership.
- providing confirmation of your skydive booking and advise of any changes or additional information.
- sending out feedback and surveys and addressing any issues or complaints.
- answering any queries about Skydive the Beach and Beyond and its products and services.
- sending targeted advertising and promotions that allow the company to provide the service;
- sending special deals, promotions and offers based on users interests plus other news on Skydive the Beach and Beyond including updates of new, or enhanced services.
- confirming receipt of profile changes.
If you do not provide Skydive the Beach and Beyond with your personal information, one or more of the above functions or services may not be able to be performed. Upon completing your skydive with Skydive the Beach and Beyond, you are automatically subscribed to receive the company’s monthly e-newsletter and associated communications as per section below on ‘inferred consent’.
Section 2.3.2 of the Australian e-Marketing Code of Practise states that “Message Originators and Message Service Providers may send…Commercial Communications to Recipients…providing that… it can be reasonably Inferred … that the Recipient has Consented to receive such Commercial Communications (Inferred Consent).” According to section 2.4.1 ‘Inferred consent’ is deemed to exist if Skydive the Beach and Beyond can show that the Recipient has an existing and continuing relationship with the company, and would have a reasonable expectation of receiving such commercial communications. Recipients therefore include all customers, account holders, subscribers, members, licensees, registered users, employees and contractors. For this reason, every person who completes a skydive with Skydive the Beach and Beyond will automatically be added to the company subscriber database unless you opt out of such communications.
Disclosure of data
Skydive the Beach and Beyond will not share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes without your permission; however the company may obtain personal and other information from you to enable services or products to be provided to you. Personal information may also be disclosed to the company’s third party service providers as described below:
- To Skydive the Beach and Beyond’s adventure package providers for the purpose of processing your booking request.
- To others in the event of a deemed medical emergency.
- To any entity to which Skydive the Beach and Beyond are required, or authorised by or under law to disclose such information such as, in responding to a formal request in a court order, judicial proceeding or subpoena.
- To protect against misuse or unauthorised use of Skydive the Beach and Beyond.
- To protect the safety, or property of our stakeholders, or the public.
- Skydive the Beach and Beyond use a third party payment processor to fulfil payment for services procured on the Site.
- In the event of a sale, merger, or acquisition of some, or all of Skydive the Beach and Beyond’s assets, your personal information could likely be a part of the transferred assets. In such an event the company shall notify you by a notice on the home page of any information and privacy practices that would change as a result
Skydive the Beach and Beyond request demographic information for internal market research and understanding of customers. With this information the company can provide users with content that the company deem users may be interested in. Some, but not all, of this information is required to participate in Skydive the Beach and Beyond programs, however the company believes that a better service will be able to be provided where demographic information is provided.
Collection of information other than personal information
- IP addresses/operating system/browser type: When you visit Skydive the Beach and Beyond’s web site or click on one of the company’s links, the company may automatically record information such as your I.P. address, operating system, browser version, date and time of your visit, pages you accessed and information you downloaded. This information may be used to generate usage statistics, ensure that the company’s site and emails are accessible to the widest possible audience and to assist in improving the quality and usability of the company’s website. Skydive the Beach and Beyond may also use I.P. addresses to track abuse of our system.
- Links: When Skydive the Beach and Beyond provides you with links in emails, they may include a special tracking code unique to you, which allows the company to determine which content and advertisements are most popular. This data may be shared in aggregate form, however it will never be shared in individual form.
- Web beacons: Skydive the Beach and Beyond web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyse how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to advise the company which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows the measuring of the effectiveness of customer communications and marketing campaigns.
This site (and company emails) contain links to other sites. Skydive the Beach and Beyond is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. Skydive the Beach and Beyond also provide users with the capacity to share information on the Site on other platforms. These widgets do not store or use your personal information.
Skydive the Beach and Beyond servers are equipped with 128-bit encryption bit technology (designated security keys from authorised certificate-of-trust distributors) for secure purchases and form ordering made within the shopping area. Users’ are notified of encryption processing when a gold padlock appears on the bottom right of the browser. While the company takes every measure to employ industry accepted security standards, please be aware no security mechanism is 100% secure.
If you no longer wish to receive Skydive the Beach and Beyond’s publications, you may remove your details from the subscriptions list by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the associated email. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Unsubscribe’. Please note that by law, Skydive the Beach and Beyond has 5 days to action your unsubscribe request.
Skydive the Beach and Beyond provider users’ an opportunity to let the company know about their experience; Skydive the Beach and Beyond may post their first name with their review without obtaining their consent. Please be aware that Skydive the Beach and Beyond is not responsible for the personal information a user selects to include within their review.
Notification of Changes
Access and Correction of your personal information
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that Skydive the Beach and Beyond holds, although under some circumstances permitted by law, the company may not provide such information to you. It is important to Skydive the Beach and Beyond that the personal information held about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you would like your personal information corrected or deleted, please email email@example.com with your updated information.
Skydive the Beach and Beyond will retain your information indefinitely or for as long as needed to provide you services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Skydive the Beach and Beyond will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Contacting the web site or webmaster
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact Skydive the Beach and Beyond at email@example.com or call on 1300 663 634. Skydive the Beach and Beyond will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your enquiry.
By Mail: PO Box 5361, Wollongong, NSW 2500 Australia.
Effective August 23rd 2013.